If you got a pet at home, there will be endless pet hair tales to share. Now the question is how are you dealing it? With the help of the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair, you can easily remove the pet strands and even control the allergen spreads.
We all are aware of the basic vacuum cleaners and how they work. But when it comes to removing pet hairs, there are certain types of vacuum systems that work better than the standard ones. So, you got to check them out to escape from the pet hair troubles!
Find out our recommendations for the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair, buying guide and also the Tips/Notes included! Let’s go.
At a Glance: Best Pet Hair Vacuums
- Multi-Cyclonic utility to dirt out of the water
- Smooth maneuverability
- Lightweight with high suction quality
To get a detailed review of the best vacuum cleaner for pets, keep on reading this space!
When it comes to reviewing and listing, a lot of factors are taken into consideration. Convenience, features, suitability, output level, etc!
If you are tired enough to read the whole article, here’s the TOP 4 Picks for the Pet Vacuum units- (Read the detailed review in the coming up section; know the product better)
|Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum||All-in-one Vaccum|
|Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor||Best Upright Vaccum|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum||Budget Buy|
|Eureka Whirlwind Bagless Canister Cleaner NEN110A||Bagless Vaccum|
|Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum||Premium Vaccum|
**Rated by experts at Petlovesbest at the time of publication. It has nothing to do with Amazon ratings and reviews.
Do I need a Vacuum for Dealing with Pet Hair?
If you want to figure out – whether or not you need a vacuum for pet hair, it’s damn simple.
Of course, you need to have a pet. Pets shed their furs naturally, here and there – everywhere. Some pets have high fur shedding rate, while there are furs that get attracted to the carpet, making your cleaning work more tiring and challenging.
If the problem is getting too intense, then your normal vacuum machine won’t do any good.
The standard Vacuum Cleaners are efficient on cleaning, no doubt. But when it comes to removing pet hairs, they might not be a good choice.
With the help of a reliable Vacuum for Pet Hair, you can deal with the furs as well as with the pet danders easily. Dander is a small particle, mainly the old skin or fur from your pooch or kittie that fall off from their skin on a daily basis. It’s found to be dangerous for people with allergies.
Final take on the question – if the fur shedding is higher than normal, then vacuum for pet hair are recommended!
The Types of Pet Hair Vacuum
There are 7 types of vacuum models that you can choose from for the Pet Hair Removal. Did you know that!
Each one of them has got a special purpose, and they are best suitable in their own unique way. So, the type or categories for the best vacuums for pet hair goes like-
1. Canister Vacuum
Canister Vacuums are used for hard surfaces and compact spaces like the car interiors or the stair area. Also, there’s a suction on the front that lifts up the dirt, while many of them come with the retractable cord for easy handling.
2. Upright Vacuum
This type of Vacuum is perfect for the large carpet area inside the house. They make use of a motor-driven brush which loosens the dirt and cleans them with suction. These systems are highly versatile with all the additional accessories and tools. In this way, Upright models will have more functionalities and uses.
For example, you can either opt for a bagless system or the one with the bag for collecting the dust and debris. They also offer height adjustment options so that you could deep clean the hard floors with one push of a button.
3. Handheld Model
Handheld machines always have a portable and compact shape. Even these Vacuums for Pet Hair are usually light in weight, and they are specifically designed to work on small spaces.
4. Sweeper Vacuum
Sweeper models are meant for those quick clean-ups, and areas where you don’t need a heavy-duty cleaning system. They are mainly meant for bathroom or kitchen floors. For the waste collection, they have replaced the bag with Cup.
5. Deep Cleaner
This type of Vacuum for Pet Hair is best suitable for all the stubborn pet stains and marks on the carpet.Aslo, there’s another set of vacuum models called the Spot Removal, which also falls in the Deep Cleaning method.
6. Robot Vacuum
These are the automated systems, you need to set the boundaries and other additional settings. Well, that’s pretty much of the thing.
The sensors present inside it will detect the boundaries, and work only for that selected space. This definitely saves your time, and you get a highly accurate output.
7. Pet Vacuum
These are the Vacuums for Pet Hair we are going to review! They are made just for the removal of pet hairs and dander particles. If you are looking out for a vacuum thing for pet hairs, look no further.
The 10 Best Vacuums for Pet Hair in 2023
First of all, I sorted out the Top 30 choices for the best pet hair vacuum. Then, I reduced the list to 20 – and made all the arrangements for testing each of them by myself.
Yes, I tested 20 Vacuum for Pet Hair for you. Purchased a few of them, while I got the other models from my friends and acquaintances.
All the testing work took me around 1 week. Talking about the results, they turned out very confusing. I mean it. Now, for a naive user – I can imagine how difficult the selection could be!
1. Bissell 9595A CleanView Bagless Vacuum with OnePass
If you are looking out for a perfect kind of Vacuum for Pet Hair, then this is it. I am not kidding you guys, Bissell comes with a strong suction for fast and effective cleaning. There’s one brush on the front end which has a unique design and it cleans ups more dirt in the first pass itself.
Light in weight design helps the user to easily carry and run it wherever they wish to. But this does not compromise with the built quality, and performance. The powerful suction separates both the clean and the dirty water, so as to maintain the filters for a longer time.
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 13.5 x 44 inches
- Type: Upright
- Dirt Tank Capacity: 0.53 gallon
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
- Best Suitable for: Someone who is tight on the budget yet wants to make a quality and a highly reliable purchase!
Talking more about the brushes, they rotate down inside the carpet and gets all the dirt out in the first cycle itself. TurboBrush Vacuum for Pet Hair is a handy, motor-run brush that helps for short works like cleaning the debris on furniture or stairs. You can use the same brush for the car, upholstery, and many other works.
The dirt collection tank is a huge one so that you can spend more time cleaning and less on emptying the tank.
Also to add, the motor on the filter side is a rinsable one. So, you can clean the filters after every use. Ther’s an extension cord of 25-foot to make it run as per your need.
With the help of the Crevice tool, you could remove the debris and dust from the nooks and cracks in your home or vehicles. You also get one extension wand that you can attach to the vacuum for cleaning the ceiling space, fans and baseboards without putting much strain on your back.
- Firstly, it’s a lightweight model
- Secondly, the innovative design of the brush provides you an effective deep cleaning
- TurboBrush feature makes you run the same Vacuum for Pet Hair for multiple tasks.
- The Large Tank Capacity allows you to clean more space.
- The filter is a washable one, and also the motor is a rinsable one.
- Lots of additional attachments included for various works.
- The parts are a bit delicate, so be careful while handling it.
- Cleaning of this Vacuum for Pet Hair setup can be tiring and messy.
Get the cleaning done in a portable way with the Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair. They have an added lift-away feature which makes it easy for you to lift the unit and do the cleaning for the hard to reach spaces.
If you have those hard to reach spaces in the home and you are finding it difficult to clean that up, then Shark Navigator is the ideal choice for you. The unique swivel steering quality helps you with effortless cleaning for furniture as well.
- Dimensions: 15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches
- Type: Upright
- Dirt Tank Capacity: 1.2 dry quarts (Dust Cup)
- Weight: 12.5 pounds
- Warranty: 5 years!
- Best Suitable for: Someone who needs to work on the allergen level.
You can now trap and clean off the dust and allergens with the unique HEPA filter provided on this best shark vacuum for pet hair.
Brushroll Shut-Off Button is used for switching between the carpet and the bare-floor for cleaning.
Note: Lift away systems work well both on the hard floors as well as on stairs or upholstery. It is only because of the lift away thing that you could easily lift the machine by your hand, and do the cleaning as per your need.
The swivel steering aides well for those who are new to the Vacuum for Pet Hair, and gives a better control over the unit.
Shark Navigator comes with a Dust Cup capacity of 1.2 dry quarts. They come along with different tools which are specially dedicated for a certain work. Like for example; there’s one upholstery tool that is provided for cleaning the stairs or the upholstery side.
- Firstly, HEPA filtration is an advanced utility, blocks the allergens and keeps them inside the vacuum.
- Compact and portable quality of this Vacuum for Pet Hair makes it easy on the handling and moving.
- With the help of the swivel steering, even a newbie could carefully run and use the vacuum system.
- Easy switching between the floor and the carpet.
- Special upholstery tool included for special pet carpet needs and cleaning.
- Swivelling is not much smooth as I expected it to be.
- Brush Roller has to be cleaned at regular intervals, which makes an additional to-do task.
3. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuums for Pet Hair
Make your home all clean and pet-hair free with the second best Bissell product on our list. It’s an easy going handheld model which makes the cleaning fun and less tiring for you. Don’t go with the small shape of this Vacuum for Pet Hair, it’s still powerful and effective just like any other ordinary model.
Well, I loved the compact shape first of all. It gives it a handy nature, and you can literally take it along with you wherever you wish!
- Dimensions: 10 x 5 x 8 inches
- Type: Handheld
- Dirt Tank Capacity: 0.78 L
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year
- Best Suitable for: Less intense cleaning, and someone who prefers compact design
The other quality on this Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is the versatility. You can make use of this Vacuum for Pet Hair on stairs, upholstery, inside the cars, and even for cleaning your pet hairs!
Say no to bags! Bissell offers a bagless experience with this Handheld Vacuum for Pet Hair. This also simplifies the tasking of emptying and cleaning.
It has a separate suction nozzle which lifts up all the dry animal wastes or anything similar for that matter. This way you can clean up the dry food mess or even the cat litter using this powerful suction.
This Bissell model is made just for the pet lovers and owners out there. Well, you can now keep your home, surrounding free from all pet-hairs. Also, reach out to all the hard-corners in a more easier way!
- Firstly, unique rubber nozzle on the Vacuum for Pet Hair attracts the pet hair quicker.
- Versatility, like you, have never experienced. This Bissell is not just meant for pet hairs but also works fine on stairs, car interiors etc.
- I guess this one’s the lightest vacuum model of all! 5 pounds.
- Effective on picking the dry messes.
- Power Cord has a length of 16 feet making it suitable for whole room cleaning.
- Two varieties of nozzle (contour and the hard nozzle) include for improved flexibility.
- Not suitable for heavy end jobs. This portable machine is meant for lighter jobs only.
- The suction is low.
4. Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Bagless Animal Vacuum Cleaner
The sleek and fit Bagless Canister model by Eureka is the next on the Review. I loved the blue shaded coating on the cleaner, which matches perfectly with the shiny black front suction.
Carry out deep cleaning with the Whirlwind Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair, along with the innovative multi-surface quality. Airflow control switch is attached near the handle portion, so you can keep on adjusting the airflow as per your requirement.
- Dimensions: 14.2 x 12.2 x 9.7 inches
- Type: Canister
- Dirt Tank Capacity: 3L dust container
- Weight: 8 pounds
- Warranty: Information Not Available
- Best Suitable for: A traveling person; light in weight, easy on maintenance, and also functional in many ways.
Coming to the options, this best canister vacuum for pet hair gives you three settings- hard floors, and upholstery.
The lightweight property makes it easy to carry the machine and vacuum anywhere you want to.
Swivel support on the steering is equal to a boon! They make you reach all the difficult portions with less strain, and thus improves the overall control.
Note: Switching between the crevice and the brushing tool is easy. It’s near the handles itself, so you can do the adjustments using the fingertips itself! Quick and Convenient.
You don’t need any filter or bag for the setup, instead, they offer you a dust container with 3L size. Eureka brings a bagless model contained by washable type of filters. Simply rinse them when you are up for some cleaning, and carry out the process.
- Firstly, the light in weight Vacuum for Pet Hair lets you vacuum your home with ease.
- Airflow setting can be done with your fingertips! Set it to the appropriate choice as per your need.
- Washable filters help with maintaining the filters for a longer time. Making it a durable choice.
- The Automatica Cord-Rewind saves a lot of your time!
- Lastly, Eureka lets you empty the dust cup with just a push-button.
- Lately, the Vacuum for Pet Hair has gone a design change where both the switch and the hose quality has degraded. I tried the older one though, so do a double check on this and go for it.
5. Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Vacuum for Cat and Dog
Next we have the Shark original Vacuum for Pet Hair, fully powered Lift Away Vacuum for you. In some of the product pictures, you may find this product bulky but in reality they are not. It’s pretty much compact, and also portable to some extent.
The Shark Rotator comes with controls near the handles allowing you to quickly change from bare floor to carpets – and back. This way you can control the working just with your fingertips.
- Dimensions: 13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches
- Type: Upright
- Dirt Tank Capacity: 0.9 dry quarts (Dust Cup)
- Weight: 14.5 lbs
- Warranty: 5 years; Lifetime warranty for special VIP users.
- Best Suitable for: It goes well for all homes, recommended for pet homes.
I read somewhere that the model is a 2 in 1 kind – it’s because this canister model detaches for deep cleaning, along with providing the power needed for the brush roll spinning.
Okay, would like to agree to Shark Rotator TruePet as a Hard Floor Hero. The machine is capable of lifting up all the dry litters and even the stuck debris – giving an amazing bare floor cleaning to you.
They also have provided a motorized brush and a pet-multi tool for effective cleaning. This makes the vacuum the best vacuum for dog hair.
On the finger tip side, you will find the On/Off button and the option for switching from Hard Floors to Carpet.
Here, the entire model is sealed with a special Anti-Allergen Sealing method, and has the HEPA filter along side with it. This traps about 99% of the dust inside the vacuum.
- Firstly, this canister model comes with a deep cleaning feature, especially those hard to reach areas.
- Called as the Hard Floor Hero for its quality of picking up specks of dirt and dust from all bare floors.
- Power buttons on the handles make it easy to control the machine.
- The Motorised brush allows you to clean pillows, upholstery, stairs, and lot more.
- With the Swivel type of steering, you can clean around the furniture and run it along the other obstacles more easily.
- Lastly, LED lights both on the floor nozzle and the handle side.
- Reliability issues; did not run for a long time for many of the users. There’s a 5 years warranty that could help you in this case.
6. BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum
Go Cordless with the Black+Decker Lithium Flex Vacuum for Pet Hair! It does all the basic cleaning from floors to ceilings and everything that comes in between. The MAX Lithium Flex Vac with the floor head makes the model all versatile too.
You can choose between a four-foot extendable hose, PetBrush tool or the New Stick Vac attachment with the pivoting floor head. This stick vac attachment gives the vacuum unit – the ultimate portability and also makes it a multi-functional one.
- Dimensions: 14.4 x 10.7 x 6.5 inches
- Type: Handheld
- Dirt Tank Capacity:
- Weight: 0.1 gallon
- Warranty: 2 years
- Best Suitable for: General purpose, and Light jobs
The vacuum cleaner is not your usual hand-carried Vacuum for Pet Hair, but this one’s capable of running for low as well high platforms.
You can use this pet vacuum cleaner inside your home and also use it for cleaning the car interiors. Suitable for floors like wood, rugs, carpet, tile etc.
On the construction part, I found one washable bowl which is included for better cleaning
The 20V Lithium Hand Vac is handy, and a perfect choice for cleaning anywhere, anytime. Also to mention is the charging, this Hand Vac comes with a quick chargeable base. You just have to set the unit on a flat surface, and plug it for charging.
There’s a cyclonic action that spins out all the dirt from the filter, which in turn maintains the filter performance. Along with that, a 3-stage filtration removes the dust and dirt from escaping through the clean air exhaust.
- Firstly, compact, trendy in look, and killer in performance!
- You get all the benefits of opting a Cordless machine.
- Stick Vac Attachment gives the model a portable and multi-functional quality.
- Easy to clean, and also easy on the working.
- Keep the accessories better organized while charging with the charging base included here.
- You can reach out to tight spots, high shelves more easily with the 4 feet hose included.
- Battery doesn’t last for a long time as it should.
- Suction power is weak.
7. Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Orange
Do you have to vacuum the same place again and again? Well, with the Bissell Cleanview 1831 model you can get the job done in just one pass! It’s better called as the one-pass technology that combines strong suction and a unique brush for cleaning.
Bissell takes care of form and function – a cyclonic cleaning takes care of the suction performance, whereas the lightweight design makes it easy for you to push and carry the Vacuum for Pet Hair. This way, both the form as well as the functioning is taken care of.
- Dimensions: 13.2 x 13.5 x 44 inches
- Type: Upright
- Dirt Tank Capacity: 0.528 gallon
- Weight: 15 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
- Best Suitable for: Those looking for a multi-surface cleaner that supports almost all surface type.
You can save a lot of your time with the one-pass technology. It will remove all embedded dirt and carpet stains in the initial pass itself.
There’s a multi-filtration system on the inside which collects, filters out the dust and debris collected. As soon as the dust gets inside the Vacuum for Pet Hair, the filtration process is carried out and the impurities are filtered out for removal.
Also, the filters are washable – so you can clean them and maintain it well for a longer time.
It’s pretty compact and light-weight, but this does not compromise with the machine power. They are excellent in the cleaning, and offers the right kind of power needed for a particular job.
Bissell is equipped with 5 Height Adjustments giving you all a multi-level cleaning property. Also, tools like Turbobrush, Crevice tool, Extension Wand gives a perfect cleaning.
- No more additional passes needed; one pass cleaning will get you the job done.
- Lightly weighted Vacuum for Pet Hair
- The five height adjustment settings give you a versatile cleaning.
- Multi-level filtration keeps the household clean, and allergens away.
- Get the support extended with the 25-foot power cord included.
- Powerful suction prevents all the dust from getting back into the air.
- Clogging of the hose seems to be normal. You will have to clean the hose and filters inorder to run the machine for a longer time.
8. Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Bagless Corded Pet Upright Vacuum
Are you looking out for some deep cleaning stuff? Then, I guess you need to take a look at the Hoover WindTunnel 3 Pro Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair. It’s the unique WindTunnel 3 technology that removes the stubborn dirt marks with the 3 suction channels.
By now, you got the primary idea of how the cleaning is done – yes it’s the 3 channel suction. As the machines suck in the air, the 3 channels are activated and then the cleaning process is continued.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 12.6 x 34.5 inches
- Type: Upright
- Dirt Tank Capacity: Information Not Available
- Weight: Close to 20 pounds
- Warranty: 2 years
- Best Suitable for: removing the pet hairs, since it is a dedicated pet vacuum cleaner
The portion of the air that is suck inside the machine, passes through a dual-cyclonic pass. During this pass, the air is filtered and all the dirt are taken out from the air at no suction loss.
I hope you are not getting confused here. The cyclonic passes and the suction channels are two different things.
You can set the machine in 5 adjustable heights, so you can choose the best suitable height for your work.
All the standard vacuums that don’t support the WindTunnel technology, comes with a single channel suction. Whereas the Hoover WindTunnel brings you a 3-channel suction.
The filters are reusable, you can rinse them under running water after each use. This will keep the filters clean, and also get you the best pet vacuum done.
Hoover offers you a release-cup on the bottom side for an effortless cleaning. With this, you can also prevent your hands from getting dirty.
On the filtering end, both the Carbon and HEPA filters are used so that maximum dirt, dust and pollen gets collected inside.
- Firstly, 3 channel suctions for improved dirt removal and more advanced cleaning.
- Carbon filters along with the HEPA filters trap about 99.9% of the dust and pollens.
- No more replugging as you get an excellent cord length of 27 feet.
- Bottom-Release Cup collects the waste and helps you with the clean-up.
- Filters of this Vacuum for Pet Hair are rinsable, so you can wash them and extend the filter life.
- Weight is a drawback here. It’s around 20 pounds, could have been more lighter for lifting.
9. Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson Vacuum for Pet Hair is specifically designed for the multi-surface cleaning. So, if you are looking out for a similar vacuum cleaner that can be used for multiple works, then this is it. Here, the upright model comes with a unqiue brush bar on it that removes all the dust and dirt from your home.
Well, in case you are not aware of the Dyson patents – the engineers at Dyson are one of a kind. They keep on testing new products with new technologies and file a patent for all the findings so that no other brand copies the same feature again. Therefore, you will find Dyson features only with the Dyson machines.
- Dimensions: 10.7 x 11.5 x 36.4 inches
- Type: Upright
- Dirt Tank Capacity: Information Not Available
- Weight: 17.35 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
- Best Suitable for: Deep Cleaning and for handling multi-surface more easily
The number one highlight of the model is its Suction Power which is provided by the Radial Root Cyclone Technology. This, in turn, improves the airflow, reduces the disturbance and maintains the air pressure too.
With the special inner cyclone, it takes along the most minute of the particles and keeps your home all dust-free.
Also, in the latest of the features Dyson have improved the vortex fingers and the cyclone inlets that have improved the overall suction as well.
The DC65 model is packed with the latest Ball technology that ensures that all the vacuum components fit inside this ball.
Additionally, Dyson has improved the brush bar design of this Vacuum for Pet Hair by raising the ridge with the bristles on.
Whereas the cleaner heads comes with the self-adjustable quality. Depending on the floor level and the job kind, you can adjust the cleaner head. If this isn’t done rightly, it may create some gap between the floor and the cleaner head – which in turn may lose the suction power.
- Firstly, brush bar is reconfigured on this model, giving 25% more power for more deep cleaning.
- You can seal the suction for the hard floors and the carpet using the self-cleaning head.
- The counter-rotating heads take out the dirt and hairs from the upholstery.
- A turbine that doesn’t tangle is included on this Vacuum for Pet Hair.
- With the new ball technology, you can steer easily even in the difficult places.
- Fewer air leaks.
- Works in a way that cleaner heads retain more suction power.
- Hose is a bit difficult to use, compared to most of the other standard models.
- No handle on the suction tube, and also hair could get stuck between two brush sections. Models need design improvement.
Once you are aware of the top vacuum brands and their models, it’s time to get closer to our selection procedure. How will you now know if a certain model is the right choice for your pet or not?
Choosing the Perfect Vacuum for Pet Hair
The factors that you need to take a look for the pet vacuum models are as follows:
Earlier the scenario was not like this; vacuum cleaners were more specific with only the basic features. Things have changed, and no you have pet specific vacuum cleaners! In that case, you need to check the factors that determine which is the right and best unit for you.
Canister or Upright or a Combined model?
During the old days, the upright type model was the most preferred, or I guess it was the only model available those days. With additional features and utilities, both the types are now trying to bridge out the gap between the two.
If you want to work on carpet, rugs then go with the upright model. On the other hand, for vacuuming hard bare floors, Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair would be more effective.
If you are looking for the best vacuum for cat hair, the suction power needs to be excellent. Isn’t it? The ability of the machine to pick up the dust or anything is decided by the suction.
They are measured in terms of CFM or AW. Cubic Feet per Minute or the Air Watts. The upright model should have at least 100 AW whereas the canister should have 200 AW.
HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air, and the HEPA filters are mostly seen in the modern Vacuum for Pet Hair only. You can get out the pet hairs and dander particles out with the help of this HEPA filter.
Bagged or the Bagless Vacuums?
Okay, so this depends on your personal preferences. Some people want to buy the bagged version or the while other people prefer the bagless model.
One hidden fact behind both the models- bagged vacuum will have less initial investment, but they tend to be costlier comparing to the bagless system. This is because, you will have to buy new dust collection bags for the bagged unit, while escape from all of it with the bagless Vacuum for Pet Hair.
Consider the Purpose of Buying
The most important of all, know where you are going to use the Vacuum for Pet Hair. It will let you know which is the model that suits the best for your work.
To conclude the review, there are many Vacuum for Pet Hair models out there in the market, out of which I reviewed the Best 9 that I liked. Also, there are chances that you like some model/brand which I haven’t reviewed here. It’s all okay!
But the only thing you need to check is the performance and built.
Is the quality durable enough?
Trusted brand or not?
Ask out these question first, and then make out the purchase. I know you guys already know all this, but not everyone takes the thing seriously! 😯
What’s your opinion on pet vacuums in general? Share us your funny stories and experiences below.