Pets are all lovely and fun until you find out the poop and the littering on the carpets. Though the problem is natural, it can frustrate any ordinary person. No need to switch to hard floors anymore – simply get one Carpet Cleaner for Pets and ease out the carpet cleaning.
Carpet Cleaning Machines will help you with removing pet stains, urine, mud marks, and what not!
In this guide, we shall find out the Best Picks, discuss Carpet Cleaners and what makes them a Worth-to-Buy thing for the pet-lovers.
- Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets
- Comes with dual V nozzle and Lightweight
- Spinscrub brush system
- Effectively works on all hard to reach areas
Quick Overview: Best Carpet Cleaner Choices for 2023
If you are taking out your time with the Carpet Cleaner selection, then you ought to get the best one. I believe performance with the right convenient design is what makes any machine or gadget stand out! The Top 4 Best Carpet Cleaners of this year are:
|Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner||Best Carpet Cleaner|
|Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine, 86T3||Premium Carpet Cleaner|
|BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Carpet Cleaner||Budget Buy|
|BISSELL SpotClean Pet Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner||Portable Carpet Cleaner|
**Rated by experts at Petlovesbest at the time of publication. It has nothing to do with Amazon ratings and reviews.
What Is A Carpet Cleaner?
If you go by the name, it’s a cleaner that is used for the carpet. They are designed to remove all the stubborn marks, pet hair, and pet stain that are left out on the carpet.
Things would be more difficult if you are a busy working person, and got too many carpets for cleaning.
Now, after you imagine the previous situation – add a pet to the story. Ummm..you see the trouble? Right?
With the technological boost and innovations, we can now easily get the best carpet cleaners for pets from stores.
Carpet Cleaner #Tip
If you are using a pet safe carpet cleaner at home, run the standard Vacuum Cleaner first before using the carpet cleaner. This is because carpet cleaners are meant for more concentrated and strong pet stain. Vacuum cleaners, on the other hand, will help you on getting the half job done, and of course get you a more effective result.
Benefits Of Using A Carpet Cleaner At Home
While most of the people install the carpets for its look and feel, it’s necessary that you clean the carpets at regular intervals. Remove the dirt and the dust off the carpet regularly.
For a pet-friendly home, the cleaning and maintenance are mandatory!
Gift yourself a carpet cleaner and make the cleaning job a less tiring one. The obvious benefits of having this machine are:
The basic one of all. Less dust automatically makes the place cleaner and healthier to stay. If the place is not well maintained, it will attract viruses and bacteria – making people ill. With the help of a carpet cleaner, not only the surrounding remain clean but also it protects the health of your loved ones.
No Bacteria & Dust
Carpet cleaners keep all the bacteria and dust off from the surface. All the bacterias – they get accumulated that damages the carpet’s quality. The dirt which sticks on the carpet, tears the fibers on its surface, ruining your carpet and your investment.
In a pet-based surrounding, the concern of cleanliness gets more strict. You can’t blame your pooch for the muddy paws and urinating on the carpet. In such scenarios, carpet cleaners is a big savior indeed!
Improve The Feel
Clean and protected space gives a unique kind of calmness and peace. I hope you can imagine the thing I am trying to say. So ya, the carpet cleaners help you with creating such feel at your home, and this will also keep your pet active and happy!
Increases The Carpet Life
In the end, we are dealing with the carpets here, and the right carpet cleaner will retain the quality and also keep them clean. Only then your pet could stand on it, and make them dirty again. Sarcasm.
Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets Reviews of 2023
So, I was looking out for the carpet cleaners online for my friend Emma. She has a kittie, snow white in color, and all cute! But then, Emma pinged me one day that the urine cleaning was getting out of her hands, and she asked me for a solution. I researched the problem, and that’s how I landed on the Carpet Cleaners!
One good thing about carpet cleaners is that you can use it in places other than just the carpets. Make sure you read the description and details carefully before finalizing your choice.
1. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner FH50150
Hoover Scrub is a premium carpet cleaner with features like Dual V Nozzle, SpinBrush brushing system, and the easy to run Upholstery tools for cleaning.
This pet carpet cleaning machine does the best deep cleaning on all the hard to reach spaces.
- Dimensions: 20.8 x 13.9 x 22.2 inches
- Weight: 18.1 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
- Tank Capacity: 1 gallon
- Highlighting Feature: Dual Nozzle and the Automatic Detergent Mixing
It has a light-weight design, and there’s this Dual V Nozzle that allows you to get equal suction during the cleaning. This automatically gives a quick cleaning and an effective result in the end.
The forced heating mechanism directly applies forced heat to the carpet surface which takes off the tough pet stain marks, pet hair, and this also helps with quick drying.
With the help of the dual tank system, you can easily do the filling, rinsing and cleaning at your convenience. One tank holds the clean water, while the other one holds the dirty water.
This carpet cleaner is easy to lift, as it weighs less than 19 pounds. Also, it comes with an automatic detergent mixing setup that mixes the right proportion of the detergent and water so that you get the best cleaning done.
- The Smart Tank quality makes the filling and emptying work smooth for you.
- Dual Nozzle on this Hoover cleaning machine gets you a strong suction with an even cleaning.
- Light in weight model – weighs less than 19 pounds.
- The forced heating feature lets you dry out the carpet quickly.
- A 360° SpinBrush scrubs out the stains lingering on your carpet fibres.
- Turbine parts are cheaply made, and they can get rusted within a short usage.
- The SpinBrush won’t stay for a long time.
2. Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine, 86T3
Bissell is another popular brand among the carpet cleaners, and today we have the Big Green Professional cleaner machine. It’s huge in size, and a heavy-duty built. The pro-quality lets you perform deep cleaning and removes the pet stain, pet hair without many efforts.
They come with an extra large dirt-lifter feature, along with a strong suction for a powerful cleaning. You can use this cleaning machine for stairs, carpets, upholstery, and also for the low pile carpets.
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 11 x 42.2 inches
- Weight: 40.6 pounds
- Warranty: 5 years
- Tank Capacity: Over 1 gallon
- Highlighting Feature: Extra-large Brush for Dirt Lifting
It’s the strong motors and the PowerBrush utility that makes the model stand out from others. There are two tanks which separate the clean and the dirty water, and so you don’t have to take regular visits to the sink.
Most of the Bissell parts are durable in nature that gives it a sturdy design and an all-powerful feel from top to bottom.
A heavy-duty suction power used here helps with faster drying time. It also does some extra work with the cleaning and dirt removing for the upholstery or carpets.
The two tanks present here are large enough to deal a big room. Just set the machine, get the cleaning work done with fewer visits to the sink area!
This dog carpet cleaner is capable of removing urine stains and even pet vomits.
Now if you ask me why you should buy this carpet cleaner? – It’s because no other brand or manufacturer is experienced in this field like the Bissell. They know exactly what their customers are looking for!
- Offers you the performance and quality of a professional cleaner!
- You can perform deep cleaning, and remove all kinds of pet stain at your home.
- Cleans pet stain with a forward and a backward pass – reduces the cleaning time and dries up the surface faster.
- Variety of tools like spot and pet stain, pet hair cleaning tool, hose, power cord etc. making it more functional.
- A kickass warranty period of 5 years!
- Flow indicator might have a leak. If the issue occurs within the warranty period, you can get a free replacement from Bissell.
3. BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Carpet Cleaner
Bissell yet again, with another Power-packed model!
It’s a full-size carpet cleaner that comes with a dual rotating, 4-row Dirt Lifter PowerBrushes on the front side. This unique rotating brush removes out the stains which a normal vacuum cleaner fails to.
- Dimensions: 19 x 11 x 44 inches
- Weight: 16 lb
- Warranty: 1 year
- Tank Capacity: 0.75 gallon
- Highlighting Feature: 4-row Dirt Lifting PowerBrushes
Tip: I would recommend you to use this carpet cleaner after your run the vacuum cleaner. This will handle out the dirt particles that your vacuum cleaner has left out.
The special 4-row dirt lifter penetrates deep into the carpet fabric or any other surface – moistens the dirt, and then eliminates the pet stain, pet hair away. Yes, you get 2 separate tanks for clean and dirty water storage.
You will find one built-in measuring cup, a lint screen, and one removable nozzle delivered with the carpet cleaner.
Coming to the working, a huge force of warm detergent mixture is thrown on the embedded carpet dirt. On the other hand, the built-in brushes will loosen up the strong dirt and make the cleaning easier.
I loved this unit because of the upfront functions and uses. There’s no gimmick whatsoever which keeps the Bissell among the highest grossing brands.
- The 4-row Dirt Lifter Powerbrush cleans all the pet stain through each carpet folding and gaps effectively.
- Dual tank design keeps both the clean and the dirty water separated.
- Easy on the filling and emptying work.
- Removable nozzle helps you with cleaning the carpet cleaner after use.
- There’s a lint screen in the setup that takes out the large debris off the carpet.
- One online review mentioned that the cleaner won’t hold the suction sometimes.
- There are a few issues reported against the working of the spray nozzle.
4. Hoover Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner, FH50251
The Elite Pet Series by Hoover brings you a fine carpet cleaner, which dries the carpet in less than 45 minutes!!
Hoover understands how much you value your home belongings and your pet carpet of course. Set all the materials, plug on the device, and you are good to go!
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 12.3 x 43 inches
- Weight: 18.1 lb
- Warranty: 2 years
- Tank Capacity: 1 gallon
- Highlighting Feature: The SpinScrub Brush undoubtedly!
This one is an upgraded Hoover model which comes with many super features. Number one is the Deep Clean mode that takes out that fixed dirt from the surface.
The cleaning path of this pet carpet cleaner is about 12 inches. Here, the Quick Clean mode combines with the Heatforce technology which dries up the carpet in less than 45 minutes! Thus, you could get back on the floor in no time!
Then, you have this SpinScrub brush which ensures that no microbes or bacterial thing get on the cleaner while fighting all the pet mess!
Whereas the Rinse mode on the cleaner machine allows you to wash the carpets with soap and water.
Once you are done with the rinsing job, just flip a switch on the cleaner to get down all the soap residue off.
The tank capacity is 25% more than the standard tanks, so no more unnecessary refilling!
It’s easy to use- you just have to select the Wash mode for washing the carpet with soap+water mixture whereas select the Rinse mode for removing the soap residue using only water.
- Quick Clean mode dries up the carpets quickly within a short time of 45 minutes.
- The large tank capacity ensures more output and less refilling.
- Light in weight; you can lift the machine swiftly from one place and set it on another place.
- It offers 4 easy access handles for better convenience and handling.
- Suction is pretty strong, and it mainly aides in effective cleaning.
- You may encounter a lazy Hoover customer support, based on one of the Amazon reviews I read.
- Built-quality is an ‘okay’ one only. I believe Hoover should do a quality check and improve the built.
5. Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner, Leading Portable Machine for Carpet, Rugs
This one is a portable spot cleaner, and it’s about 15 pounds in weight.
Before beginning the review, one important thing to note. Rug Doctor is a way more different setup than any of the discussed cleaner models. So, features would be new or different and in some case more effective than a standard cleaner machine.
- Dimensions: 17.8 x 12.5 x 17.8 inches
- Weight: 15 lb
- Warranty: 2 years
- Tank Capacity: 64 ounces (0.5 gallons)
- Highlighting Feature: Motorised brush that works at a rate of 1200 rotations/minute
The portable feature allows you to use the machine anytime, anywhere. Not just that, the process is simple too.
Spray, Scrub and then Lift the cleaner to get away the pet stain or spots. The model is designed in a way making it suitable for litter cleaning. So, no more pet urines or poops on your favorite carpet.
The rug has been designed keeping an everyday scenario in check. It has a convenient design, and so all the pet owners can clean up their pet’s mess quicker and get back to your routine schedule easily.
Not only the carpets, but you can also use this cleaner on stairs, vehicles, upholstery, and many other stuff.
The motorized brush present on this model does the scrubbing work for you. This brush makes 1200 rotations in a minute for carrying out deep pet stain removal, and the suction used up here is 2x stronger than the ones present with the competitors.
Portable design lets you carry the machine wherever you go, so got a pet stain – clean it away with the Rug Doctor!
With the addition of the retractable handles and the carpet-friendly wheels, this Spot Cleaner could reach out to all the hard places in home, office or any other space.
- Portable design, and weighs about 15 pounds only!
- Tanks are removable and they are easy on the filling and the emptying work.
- Suction is twice powerful than the standard ones.
- Compact design makes it easy to use and also helps with the storage.
- Wheels keep the cleaner rolling, so you need not take a pause during cleaning.
- Spray nozzle can get a bit leaky after some usage.
- Hose length is short.
6. BISSELL SpotClean Pet Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner
Bissell brings a Pet Pro model for users who love convenience. You may have seen bulky carpet cleaner for pets that hardly reach all the corners and edges. But this SpotClean Pro cleaner will get to those small stains easily, and quickly clean the mess in no time!
Cleaners basically use warm water, unique cleaning formula and a powerful suction for the cleaning. They work on the spots and the pet stain that are hard to reach by the usual foam/spray.
- Dimensions: 10 x 14 x 14 inches
- Weight: 13.2 lb
- Warranty: 2 years
- Tank Capacity: 0.75 gallon
- Highlighting Feature: Stain Trapper Tool
If you compare cleaner and a spray/foaming process, the cleaners will stand more effective on the stain than the latter.
Even though the carpet cleaner is small in shape, it comes with a strong suction quality that works amazing on the pet stains and odor.
This cleaner machine with its high portability is best suitable for the stairs. It fits very well on the stairs and is capable of removing pet stain stuck deep down the surface.
You will get one pet stain Trapper Tool that keeps on the waste within it, and outside the machine. Also, they come with a 5-foot long hose and a 22-foot power cord that works the best for all hard-to-reach areas.
Another thing that you need to note is the Pro Quality that gives you high suction, and a Pro Pet Stain removal. Also, this cleaner goes well for multiple surfaces that includes upholstery, interiors, stairs, rugs, carpets ofcourse, and much more.
- Excellent suction power that gets off the strong stains and dirty pet marks.
- With the long hose and 22-foot power cord – pet owners can reach up to any length they want.
- The Oxy Formula deals the odor and stinking smell of the urine in the best way.
- It got the highest storage capacity among all the Bissell portable models.
- One unit, multiple uses. Effective for stairs, carpet, upholstery, etc.
- Special dirt collector included for better waste disposal.
- Suction power is not upto the mark. Could be better.
- Quality of the water tank is poor. Check this in your nearest store before making the purchase.
So, now you understand how useful and convenient a Carpet Cleaner is. Let me guess your next question.
Now that I know the TOP PICKS and the Carpet Cleaner Pet Benefits, I realize there are so many features and uniqueness in each model. How to know which feature is more important to me than the other, and How to do the Selection?
How To Choose The Best Carpet Cleaner
One common mistake that buyers usually make – just looking the ratings and budget only. But, the thing is, you need to consider the Features with the same importance. That’s how you Choose the Best and the Right Carpet Cleaner for your purpose.
While you set out for shopping your next Pet Carpet Cleaner, keep the following things in mind:
On a scale of 1 to 5, how much consideration score would you give for the ‘performance’ factor?
That was just for your understanding. Relax.
But to be honest, people rarely consider this thing which is the most important of all. If you are investing your money and buying a stuff – it should be a performing one of course. Isn’t it?
When it comes to Carpet Cleaner, look out how well and quickly does the cleaner removes out the stains.
b) Safe On The Environment
It is recommended that you get the best carpet cleaner solution for pets that is made of biodegradable products, which is safe for you and the planet Earth.
c) How Much Experienced The Brand Is
This will let you know how popular and consistent the brand is with their production and sales. It’s always better to go with a well-known brand instead of a new entrant model. They will also have a more clear idea about a feature or added utility and its benefits.
Now, it’s still upto you as to go with which model. My suggestion would be an experienced model.
d) Tank Storage
The storage of the tank will determine how much work you could perform at one go. If the carpet cleaner demands continuous refilling, then you got to get a bigger storage system.
Therefore, check out the amount of work you have or the level of output you expect. Accordingly, choose the cleaner machine that matches with your requirement.
e) Free Attachments
This is a bit optional thing, but still, pet owners can check it out in a few cases.
More the attachments, more functional the machine gets.
So, yeah that’s how it is! For example, if you find the Upholstery tool, then you could do the cleaning of the upholstery along with the usual carpets.
f) Tank Shutoff
This won’t be present in all the models yet, except for a few selected ones. It works like a sensor and will shut off the tank’s activity as soon as the dirty water storage is full. The sensor will prevent the extraction process by stopping the suction.
g) Belt-free Or Not?
Most of the vacuum cleaners come with the belt on them, but it’s not the same with the carpet cleaners.
If the model has a belt, then you will have to clean them and maintain at regular intervals. A belt-free carpet cleaner will be more feasible in that case.
h) Size Matter
This one for those who are short on space or looking for a compact model. Frankly speaking, dimensions matter to all. First, measure the space you have at home and choose the size accordingly.
The points discussed above are not in their chronological order, where Size/Dimensions need to be considered early! Kindly note this thing.
How Does A Carpet Cleaner Work?
The three key elements that assist a carpet cleaner are – suction, cleaning solution, and the Brush movement. When all these three operate in the correct way, you will then get your desired output.
- As you turn on the machine, the carpet cleaners will inject a strong spray of cleaning solution and water on the deep portions of the carpet.
- The spraying is accompanied by the Brush agitation that helps with loosening up of the dirt and pet stain from the carpet.
- In the final step, the machine is moved back on the same path with a powerful suction that takes away all the dirty water inside the cleaner unit.
- You get a cleaned carpet with all the dirt and stains removed from the surface.
Easy process, huh?
Indeed, it is! You just have to plug the machine and run it to and fro depending on the length of the carpet or the surface-to-be-cleaned.
There’s no difference between both the machines. It’s one and the same thing. Both the products- carpet shampooer and a carpet cleaner makes use of soap solution and a jet of water spray for the cleaning.
You can go with bigger machines like Hoover or Bissell for carpet cleaning. But in this case, you got pet stains which are stubborn and harder to clean than normal stains.
This is why I would suggest you get the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner for those pet stain troubles. It will work for sure!
When I say pet carpet cleaner and the carpet cleaner solution – both are different.
Carpet Cleaner is a machine like the Vacuum Cleaners, whereas the carpet cleaner solution is the liquid detergent used along with the cleaner machine. As per the current rankings and reviews, Hoover PETPLUS Concentrated Formula would be my choice.
It’s phosphate-free and packed with the right formulations for tackling pet odor and stains.
The carpet cleaner machines, any of the Top Picks that I reviewed will do this job. Carpet Cleaners are effective for pet stain, dirt, odor, and eventually the allergens too!
In case, you don’t have a carpet cleaner with you, then take some fabric softener and water. Apply it on the carpet, make sure you don’t over-damp the surface. Then, vacuum the carpet along with a quality carpet shampoo.
Vacuum cleaners are more suitable for this condition. You can use either baking soda or a liquid fabric softener and apply it in the form of a spray. Vacuum it!
At first, the concepts seemed confusing to me but then the research and study made it all clear. So, that was my take on the Best Carpet Cleaners for Pets and the reviews.
Carpet Cleaning is a vast topic (you have no idea!), but I have tried to cover up the basic concepts and also answered out a few FAQs at the end. Hope you liked the post and got all your doubts solved!
Still, if you have any other query related to working, pet stain, or the product – Voice it out in the comments below.
PS. Follow petlovesbest for more such in-depth reviews and Pet Blogs!